A New Look at Demyelination and White Matter Density in Multiple Sclerosis

Myelocortical multiple sclerosis (MS), a subtype of MS, is set apart by demyelination of the spinal cord and the cerebral cortex but not of cerebral white matter. Cortical neuronal loss may be enhanced in myelocortical MS cortex compared with typical MS cortex, according to study results published in The Lancet Neurology.

Researchers examined the brains and spinal cords of deceased individuals with MS selected from the Cleveland Clinic rapid autopsy protocol. Brains were scanned using an MRI and then divided into hemispheres and matching slices. Of these, 12 brains did not have visible lesions in cerebral white matter or myelocortical MS. These brains and spinal cords were compared with those from 12 individuals with typical MS and 13 brains from individuals who did not have MS.

Cerebral white-matter lesions per hemisphere were considerably greater in the typical MS group (10.0 (4.5 to 19.0) compared with the myelocortical MS group (0.5 (0.0 to 1.0). The typical size of individual white-matter lesions was also considerably larger in typical MS hemispheric slices than in myelocortical MS hemispheric slices. Researchers found a significant increase in the spinal cord demyelinated area in typical MS compared with myelocortical MS. Compared with controls, neuronal densities in typical MS cortices were considerably decreased in layer V. However, this was not the case in layers III or VI. None of the 3 layers were considerably different in typical MS compared with myelocortical MS.

Comments

  1. GREETINGS everyone out there.. my name is (Robert Lora) I am from CANADA i will never forget the help Dr Ogudugu render to me in my marital life. I have been married for 8 years now and my husband and i love each other very dearly. After 6 years of our marriage my husband suddenly change he was having an affair with a lady outside our marriage, my husband just came home one day he pick up his things and left me and the kids to his mistress outside at this time i was confuse not knowing what to do again because i have lost my husband and my marriage too. i was searching for help in the internet, i saw many people sharing testimony on how Dr Ogudugu help them out with their marital problems so i contacted the email of Dr Ogudugu i told him my problem and i was told to be calm that i have come to the right place were i can get back my husband within the next 48hours, to my greatest surprise my husband came to my office begging me on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive him, that he will never cheat on me again, i quickly ask him up that i have forgiven him. Friends your case is not too hard why don't you give Dr Ogudugu a chance, because i know they will help you to fix your relationship with your Ex Partner. Dr Ogudugu his the best spell caster around to solve any problem for you.
    {1} HIV/AIDS
    {2CANCER
    {3}HERPES
    {4}DIABETES
    (5}HERPERTITIS B

    Email: GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM
    Call/WhatsApp:+27663492930

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

There is mounting evidence that herpes leads to Alzheimers Disease

Alzheimers 2018

15 Things That Slow Down Alzheimer’s Disease